Hiking Ensign Peak

Hiking Ensign Peak
My cute exercising family!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Recipe - Clean Eating Porridge

A great breakfast or quick snack for later in the day!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup rolled oats, oat bran, rye flakes, barley
flakes, and ground flaxseed.
2 cups water
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp each cinnamon and nutmeg
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 med grated apple

Mix all ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Cover
and place over moderate heat. When mixture
comes to a rolling boil, reduce heat to low & continue
to simmer for another 20 min, stirring constantly. When
Porridge is smooth and cooked through, remove from
heat and serve. ( From Tosca Reno's 'The Eat- Clean Diet' pg. 50)

3 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great! I look forward to checking in and getting some food and excercise ideas. Are you going to start taking clients?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a serving for one? That will make a LARGE bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca - I would say eat 1 cup. I am absolutely taking clients! Darrin and I are in the process of setting up a temporary gym in the basement...but I am ready to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete