Here are some late night snacks that won't kill your progress.
- 1 medium apple; a handful of unsalted almonds, a glass of water or herbal tea.
- 1/2 cup of plain low-fat yogurt with half a banana, or 1/2 cup mixed berries, water and herbal tea.
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce and a scoop of protein powder, water or herbal tea
- 1/2 cup of mixed berries, and a handful of unsalted almonds, water or herbal tea
- 3 cups unbuttered, plain popcorn & a handful of plain unsalted nuts
- 1 cup raw veggies with 2 tbsp low fat hummus, water or herbal tea
I know that most people find money a pinch these days. However, investing in a bag of raw, unsalted almonds, is a great way to spend it. The protein you get from this power packed nut. Here are some of the health benefits of almonds:
*Almonds lower bad(LDL) cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease partly due to the anti-oxidant action of Vitamin E found in them.
*Including almonds in main meals lower the rise in blood sugar and insulin seen after eating. Tips:Add chopped roasted almonds to salads, vegetables, gravies, rice etc..
*Whole almonds (with skin) provide hearth healthy benefits. 20 Anti-oxidant flavonoids are found in almond skin.
*Nuts reduce your risk of gaining weight when consumed in moderation.
*Almonds are rich in protein. 1/4 cup of nuts have about 7 grams of protein.
*Almonds are good source of manganese, copper and riboflavin which help with energy production.
*Almonds are high in monounsaturated fat which is a health promoting fat associated with reduced risk of heart disease
Best Health! Ruthann