Now that you have decided to make the necessary changes in your diet, and you are super excited about it, you need to go shopping.
First get rid of all that junk hiding in your cupboards, and closets, fridge and drawers....ugh!
Toss it! Doritos, Cookies, sugary cereals, doughnuts, cake mixes, pastries, and any other hidden goodies.
Here is how you shop.
1. Make the list of the ingredients you need for only the Clean Eating menu items you need.
2. Eat Before You Go! (It is a proven fact you will overbuy and purchase foods you wouldn't normally buy if you are hungry)
3. Hit the produce first, and the meats.
4. Shop alone. No kids bugging you for those impulse treats at the checkout counter.
5. Stick to your list. Dont be tempted to get things that look interesting or on sale.
6. Look for hidden sugar. This includes corn syrup, dextrose, fructose, glucose, honey, molasses, maple syrup, maltose, sucrose and artificial sweeteners.
7. If you don't, start reading labels.
8. Avoid Trans Fats.
9. Always look for the highest fiber content products.
Try these switchouts!
Ground beef for Ground Turkey
Pastry, Cakes, Cookies for Fresh Fruits, and Unsweetened Yogurt
Egg Yolks for Egg Whites
Chicken Wings, ribs, hot dogs for Turkey or Chicken Breast
Whole Milk, cream Half & Half for Skim Milk, low fat Soy Milk
Cheese, cheese products for Low-fat cheese, cottage cheese, goat cheese
Cream soups for Clear soups
Chips, cheesies, Crackers for Unsalted Nuts, Air popped popcorn
Processed Deli Meats for Sliced chicken or turkey
Bread for Flatbread, pita or Ezekiel bread
Sugar cereal for whole grains, oatmeal, shredded wheat
Cooking Oils, lard, butter for Non-fat cooking spray, unsaturated oils
Salad Dressings for Lemon Juice and Balsamic Vinegar
White rice for Brown, Black Rice
Best Health! Ruthann