Hiking Ensign Peak

Hiking Ensign Peak
My cute exercising family!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Zonya...one of my fav public tv shows

So, I absolutely love this television show, Zonya's Health Bites...seen it?
It is one of those definate 'must watches' on a Saturday morning.
Check out Zonya's website, watch one of her episodes, and try some of her recipes. She got me onto adding more beans into my diet...she is very cool. Her mantra is simple...go check it out!
I know you will be impressed.
Last weekend I learned that by replacing red meat with beans just 4 times a week, you can lower your cholesterol 100 points in 2 months...too easy to not try!
Here is a simple way to do that!
Make a great salad, lots of green leafy veg's and crisp red tomatoes, diced red and green peppers.
Then warm up a can of S&W Southwestern beans.
Open and drain 1 can of all white meat chicken and shred it.
Assemble:
On a plate, measure a 1/2 a cup of the beans, top with 1/4 cup of shredded chicken.
Add your chopped veggies, and lettuce.
Top with a few diced tomatoes, a dash of sea salt and a squirt of lime juice!
Fantastic!!!!
(I know...that is what I am eating for dinner tonight! )
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment